Quick Soldering Third Hand Project
Day to day life has got in the way of my projects recently but ive finally found time for a very quick and cheap Board Soldering aid with mainly things i had laying around. This is really quick and easy to build and i have personally found this very useful when soldering.
Like quite a few similar projects on the net i used flexible CNC Coolant Hoses that work very well and can be purchased very cheaply.
- 2x Flexible Coolant hose : Amazon link plastic-Flexible-Water-Coolant-Pipe
- 2x Crocodile Clips: Amazon link Crocodile Clips
- Scrap of Material for the base (The heavier the better) , Oak used in my case
- Cut the base material to a suitable size , small enough that it wont get the way and large enough it wont tip over when using it.
- Drill two holes slightly larger than the hose threaded end piece in the base material and glue in place. Tip: remove the threaded end pieces first as makes the process alot easier.
- Remove the both Nozzles pieces from the end of the hoses and enlarge the hole using a drill , so the Croc clips fit snugly in the end. Use a bit of CA glue to permanently hold them.
- Reassemble ends on to the flexible hoses to Complete the build.
More Micro projects coming soon…